Академия хана (khan academy)
- Jorge Paulo Lemann
- Collection of information
- Преимущества Khan Academy
- Sal Khan
- Daniel C. Benton
- Khan Academy Privacy Principles
- Children’s Privacy Notice
- Eric Schmidt
- Michael Horn
- Security of your personal information
- Linda Darling-Hammond
- Резюме: Материалы для подготовки к экзаменам Академии Хана
- Anne Finucane
- Sponsorship and Advertising
- Schools and Student Use
- Видео уроки
- John Doerr
- Sharing and disclosure of information
- Практические вопросы
- James Manyika
- Kristen DiCerbo
- Regional information
- Julia Cowles
- Use of information
Jorge Paulo Lemann
Jorge Paulo Lemann is Chairman of the Lemann Foundation, and Co-Founder and director of 3G Capital, a global investment firm focused on long-term value, with a particular emphasis on maximizing the potential of brands and businesses. He is the controlling shareholder and member of the board of Anheuser-Busch InBev, and is a board member of The Kraft Heinz Company. He was formerly founding shareholder and principal executive of Banco de Investimentos Garantia in Brazil until it was sold to Credit Suisse First Boston, and has served on the board of directors of The Gillette Company and Swiss Reinsurance. He has also served on the advisory boards of DaimlerChrysler and Credit Suisse Group, and chaired the Latin American Advisory Board of the New York Stock Exchange.
Collection of information
We collect information in the following ways, depending on your use of the Service and your account settings:
- We collect information from you directly, such as when you create an account, communicate with us, participate in activities, events or surveys, or otherwise provide information during your use of the Service.
- We may collect information from others, such as your parent, teacher, or School, or third parties (meaning organizations outside of Khan Academy), such as third party applications that you use to connect to the Service.
Examples of information we may collect includes:
- Account registration information (username, birthdate, and email)
- Information about your browser or device, and general location
- Information you choose to include in your profile or post in public areas of the Service
- Information you may provide in connection with specific features or special programs
- Non-personal information which may be linked to your personal information, including Information about your use of our Service
Additional information about our collection of Child and student data is provided in our and . Further information about how Khan Academy collects your information is provided under “Learn More”.
Преимущества Khan Academy
Поскольку видеоуроки Khan Academy проведут вас через каждый этап решения проблемы, они предлагают вам другой способ изучения и изучения новых концепций если вы чувствуете, что не поняли тему так хорошо, как хотели бы, просто прочитав ее объяснение из книги.
Кроме того, хотя оба ресурса предлагают практические вопросы, разбитые по определенным категориям внутри раздела, только Khan Academy поможет вам определить, в каких из этих областей вы наиболее слабые и, следовательно, вам нужно больше практиковаться.
Другие преимущества Khan Academy включают тот факт, что ее полные практические тесты рассчитаны по времени, поэтому они более реалистичны, и что Khan Academy автоматически оценивает ваши ответы на тестах, викторинах и практических задачах, что экономит ваше время на их оценку. себя. Khan Academy также предлагает гораздо больше практических задач, чем Официальное учебное пособие по SAT делает.
Sal Khan is the founder and CEO of Khan Academy, a nonprofit with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. He is also the founder of Khan Lab School, a nonprofit laboratory school in Mountain View, California, where Sal teaches seminars in the humanities and sciences.
Sal’s interest in education began while he was an undergraduate at MIT. He developed math software for children with ADHD and tutored fourth- and seventh-grade public school students in Boston. Sal also taught test prep courses for the MCAT and was named teacher of the year by a national test prep company. He holds three degrees from MIT and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Daniel C. Benton
CEO, Benton Capital Management
Dan Benton is one of the top technology investors of his generation. After co-founding Andor Capital Management in 2001, Benton served as CEO until closing the firm after a successful 15-year run. He now manages Benton Capital Management, a private family office.
In 1980, Benton graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Mathematics from Colgate University. He went on to Harvard University for his MBA and, in 2010, was awarded an honorary LHD from Colgate.
Benton began his career as a securities analyst at Goldman Sachs in the mid-1980s. In 1993, Benton joined Dawson Samberg Capital Management as a technology analyst and portfolio manager. He later served as President of Pequot Capital Management (the successor firm to Dawson Samberg), where he managed the firm’s public market technology funds and team.
Khan Academy Privacy Principles
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We established Khan Academy as a nonprofit organization so that our mission of education and your trust will not be in conflict with a for-profit motive.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We take extra precautions for our younger learners as described in our , including restricting child accounts to automatically block features that would allow a child to post or disclose personal information.
- We do not display advertising on Khan Academy. Our mission is to provide you with a world class education, not to sell you products.
Children’s Privacy Notice
Khan Academy is committed to Children’s privacy.
Protecting the privacy of Children is especially important to Khan Academy. For that reason, we created certain features designed to help protect personal information relating to Children (“Child Users”). When a Child creates an account, we seek the consent of a parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) for that account. When Khan Academy is used by a School in an educational setting, we rely on the School to provide the requisite consent, on behalf of the Parent, for Khan Academy to collect information from a School User under the age of 13.
Please review “Learn More” for more information about:
- How Children can use and register for our Service
- Restrictions placed on Accounts for Child Users
- Information collected and how the information is used
- Information disclosed
- No Third Party Tracking and No Targeted Advertising
- Choice: Access, Modify and Delete Child Accounts
Eric Schmidt is the executive chairman of Alphabet Inc. He is responsible for the external matters of all of the holding company’s businesses, including Google Inc., advising their CEOs and leadership on business and policy issues.
Prior to the establishment of Alphabet, Eric was the chairman of Google Inc. for four years. From 2001-2011, Eric served as Google’s chief executive officer, overseeing the company’s technical and business strategy alongside founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page. Under his leadership, Google dramatically scaled its infrastructure and diversified its product offerings while maintaining a strong culture of innovation, growing from a Silicon Valley startup to a global leader in technology.
Prior to joining Google, Eric was the chairman and CEO of Novell and chief technology officer at Sun Microsystems, Inc. Previously, he served on the research staff at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Bell Laboratories and Zilog. He holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Princeton University as well as a master’s degree and Ph.D. in computer science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Michael Horn speaks and writes about the future of education and works with a portfolio of education organizations to improve the life of each and every student. He is the co-founder of and a distinguished fellow at the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation, a non-profit think tank; he serves as a principal consultant for Entangled Solutions, which offers innovation services to higher education institutions; and he is the director of the Education + Technology fund, a joint philanthropic project of Two Sigma and Robin Hood with the mission of unlocking the potential of technology to advance achievement for low-income students.
Security of your personal information
Khan Academy is committed to securing your personal information.
Some of the ways in which we protect your personal information include:
- We encrypt your personal information when it is stored at rest
- We protect your personal information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet
- We use reasonable organizational and technical safeguards designed to help protect the privacy and security of your personal information
Some of the ways in which we encourage you to protect your personal information include:
- We encourage you to create a username that does not reveal your identity
- We encourage you to create (and keep) a strong password
- We encourage you to be thoughtful about what you post and continue to learn about online safety
We use reasonable safeguards to protect our Service and your personal information, but no security measures are perfect.
Linda Darling-Hammond is President of the Learning Policy Institute, as well as Professor of Education Emeritus and Faculty Director of the Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education at Stanford University. She is a former president of the American Educational Research Association and member of the National Academy of Education as well as the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Her research and policy work focus on issues of educational equity, teaching quality, and school reform. She has advised school leaders and policymakers at the local, state, and federal levels. In 2008, she served as director of President Obama’s education policy transition team. Among her 400+ publications, her book, The Flat World and Education: How America’s Commitment to Equity will Determine our Future, received the coveted Grawemeyer Award in 2012.
Резюме: Материалы для подготовки к экзаменам Академии Хана
Напомним, ресурсы для подготовки к тестам Khan Academy включают:
Диагностические викторины чтобы помочь вам выяснить, насколько вы сильны по каждому предмету, прежде чем вы начнете учиться.
Индивидуальные рекомендации по практике так что вы можете сосредоточиться на изучении материала, который вам нужно улучшить.
Видео уроки чтобы помочь прояснить темы, которые вы не понимаете сразу.
Многочисленные вопросы практики чтобы помочь укрепить свои навыки.
Полная длина практические тесты чтобы вы привыкли к настоящему SAT.
Чтобы узнать больше о том, как вам следует использовать эти ресурсы и каковы их ограничения, ознакомьтесь с нашим руководством по как получить максимальную отдачу от подготовки к SAT Khan Academy.
Anne M. Finucane is vice chairman at Bank of America and a member of the company’s executive management team. She is responsible for the strategic positioning of Bank of America and leads the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efforts. In addition, she oversees public policy, customer research and analytics, global marketing and communications. Finucane chairs the global ESG Committee at Bank of America, which directs all of the company’s ESG efforts. She stewards Bank of America’s $125 billion environmental business initiative, including its $10 billion Catalytic Finance Initiative to mobilize market capital to deliver new investment into high impact clean energy projects. She oversees the company’s $1.2 billion Community Development Financial Institution portfolio and helps manage Bank of America’s 10-year, $1.5 trillion community development lending and investing goal – the largest of its kind ever established by a U.S. financial institution. She also chairs the Bank of America Charitable Foundation, including its 10-year, $2 billion charitable giving goal. Active in the community, Finucane serves on both corporate and nonprofit boards of directors including Carnegie Hall, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, the American Ireland Fund, the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, CVS Health, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Partners Healthcare, and Special Olympics. She serves on the U.S. State Department’s Foreign Affairs Policy board and also is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Sponsorship and Advertising
As a nonprofit organization, Khan Academy relies on our sponsors, donors, and other contributors to provide funding necessary to provide the free Service to our users. From time to time, we permit third parties to sponsor content displayed on our Service.
- For example, for-profit organizations may wish to sponsor all content related to a particular educational topic, such as astronomy or biology.
- Sponsored content will always be labeled (e.g., “Sponsored by ___”).
- Khan Academy does not share any of your personal information with these sponsors without your consent. We do not provide these sponsors with the ability to track or collect information about our site visitors or users.
Khan Academy does not display third party advertisements on our Service. We may, from time to time, incorporate content or link to content provided by third parties that may be of interest to you and relevant to the educational context of our Service. Some of these materials or websites may include branding or advertisements as permitted by the third party owner or operator. For more information, please review .
Please note that we use our best efforts and take multiple steps to avoid the collection of information for targeted advertising purposes when we believe the Service is being used by Students or Children.
- For example, we take steps to inhibit third party advertising networks from collecting information for targeted advertising purposes on webpages with child-directed content or when a Student or Child User logs into the Service.
- Khan Academy uses the available privacy functionality in YouTube to display video content on YouTube (see additional information under “Learn More”).
Please review our for more information.
Schools and Student Use
- a teacher creates the user name, login and password to establish School User accounts and creates a class on the Service
- a teacher rosters a class using Google Classroom, Clever, or similar single sign-on service for School use
- an account is created by a School User at the direction of a School, using a School email address and associated with a School’s class on the Service
- accounts are created pursuant to a separate contract between Khan Academy and the school district (or educational agency) specifying that the accounts are School Accounts
In cases where we do not have a separate contract with a School district or educational agency, we may require notification that the accounts are used for school purposes in order to recognize them as School Accounts. If you are a School, please contact our School Partnerships Team to learn more about how to ensure that student accounts are set up and managed as School Accounts.
Please review “Learn More” to see more information about:
- Some of the specific ways that we use and protect Student Personal Data
- How we share and disclose Student Personal Data
- No Targeted Advertising
- How we retain and delete Student Personal Data
- Questions about Student Personal Data
Видеоуроки являются отличительной чертой Khan Academy, и доступны десятки из них, охватывающие каждый из трех разделов SAT: чтение, письмо и язык, а также математику. Ханская академия SAT-видео обычно длится 2-10 минут, и они включают в себя представление примера проблемы и точное определение того, как на нее ответить.
Чтение видео охватывает каждый из четырех типов текстовых отрывков, содержащихся в SAT. В разделе «Письмо и язык» есть видеоролики о стиле письма, а также более 20 видеороликов о различных грамматических понятиях, таких как согласование местоимений, пунктуация и размещение модификаторов. Математика включает видео по алгебре, анализу данных и многим другим темам.
Во многих темах есть видео, которые сгруппированы по сложности, так что вы можете начать с просмотра видео с более простыми примерами и постепенно решать более сложные задачи.
Видеоуроки Khan Academy могут помочь вам лучше понять сложные темы.
John Doerr joined Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 1980 and has since backed some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, including Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt of Google; Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com, and Scott Cook and Bill Campbell of Intuit. John’s passion is helping entrepreneurs create the “Next Big Thing” in mobile and social networks, greentech innovation, education and economic development. Ventures sponsored by John have created more than 300,000 new jobs. John serves on the boards of Amyris, Google, and Zynga, as well as several private technology ventures. He also led KPCB’s investment in Twitter.
Sharing and disclosure of information
Khan Academy takes great care to protect the personal information you provide to us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. This section explains circumstances in which we may share personal information with third parties.
We may share personal information:
- with other users of our Service, if you use features that enable you to share your information with (or make it accessible to) others.
- with Vendors, consultants and other service providers working on our behalf
- with other users that are associated with your account, such as a parent, teacher or coach.
- with your school, if you are using our Service for school purposes (please see for more information).
- in connection with business transfers (due to mergers and acquisitions).
- for compliance purposes, such as when reasonably necessary to protect the security and safety of our users or Service, or when permitted by law.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information that does not reasonably identify any individual.
В Khan Academy доступны тысячи практических вопросов SAT. У каждого из испытуемых, протестированных на SAT, есть видеоролики и практические вопросы, связанные с ним, поэтому после просмотра видеоролика по определенной концепции, такой как синтаксис или задачи со словами линейного уравнения, вы можете попробовать несколько вопросов по этой теме, чтобы увидеть, насколько хорошо вы понимаете Это.
После того, как вы ответите на проблему, вы сразу узнаете, правильно вы ее поняли или нет, и объяснение будет появляться для каждого варианта ответа это объясняет, почему этот конкретный выбор был правильным или неправильным.
Senior Partner at McKinsey and Chair of the McKinsey Global Institute
James Manyika is a Senior Partner at McKinsey and Chair of the McKinsey Global Institute. He also serves on McKinsey’s Board of Directors. For over 20 years he has worked with many of the world’s leading technology companies, founders and chief executives. He also researches and writes about technology’s impact on the economy and society. James regularly collaborates with private sector leaders, leading economists and policy makers around the world on initiatives and commissions related to inclusive growth, opportunities from technology and its societal impact.
James was appointed by President Obama as Vice Chair of the Global Development Council at the White House. He is on the boards of the Council on Foreign Relations, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Markle Foundation, and advisory boards of the Oxford Internet Institute, MIT’s Initiative on the Digital Economy and Harvard’s Hutchins center and WEB DuBois Institute. James is a member of the standing committee for the Stanford-based 100 Year Study on Artificial Intelligence, a fellow at DeepMind on AI, Ethics and Society, a non-resident senior fellow of the Brookings Institution, and a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Kristen DiCerbo, Ph.D. is the chief learning officer at Khan Academy. In this role, she is responsible for driving and communicating our instructional and pedagogical strategy for Khan Academy’s learning programs, content, and product to improve student and teacher engagement and outcomes. She ensures pedagogical coherence of our overall offering and ensures a research-informed design across product, content, and programs.
Prior to coming to Khan Academy, Kristen was the vice-president of learning research and design at Pearson. Throughout her career she has focused on conducting and embedding learning science research into digital learning experiences, including work with the Cisco Networking Academy. She also served as a school psychologist in an Arizona school district.
If you wish to exercise a right, please . Our ability to respond to specific requests may be limited by applicable law and the functionality of our Service.
International Data Transfer : Our Service is operated and managed on servers located within the United States. If you choose to use our Service from Europe or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from United States law, then you acknowledge that Khan Academy will transfer, store, and process your personal information to the United States for the purpose of performing the Service according to our contract (e.g., our Terms of Service) and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.
Julia Cowles is vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary at Khan Academy. She is responsible for overseeing legal, compliance and governance matters, particularly those relating to child and student data privacy, and for implementing the structure and processes to support a comprehensive compliance program meeting the needs of school districts as well as individual learners. She advises and supports our Board, senior leadership team and teammates across all functions, including information security, school and strategic partnerships, philanthropy, and people operations.
Prior to joining Khan Academy, Julia was the chief legal officer at LOYAL3, a financial technology company, managing their legal, regulatory and governance affairs. Previously, she was a corporate partner at Davis Polk & Wardwell, where her practice focused on corporate finance, complex and strategic business transactions and corporate governance matters.
Julia received her undergraduate degree at Hamilton College, and her law degree at Fordham University. She served as a law clerk to Hon. Richard J. Cardamone, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She is admitted to the bar in California and New York, and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
Use of information
Khan Academy uses information collected for the purposes of:
- providing the Service
- personalizing your experience
- communicating with you about your account and our Service (including responding to inquiries and sharing information about new features and offerings that may be of interest)
- enabling your participation in special programs that we may offer in partnerships with third parties (if you choose to participate in such special programs)
- understanding and improving our Service, and developing new or improved educational offerings
We may also use de-identified or aggregated information for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving or marketing our Service, for demonstrating the impact of our Service, or conducting educational research.